For a list of NSW RULES and BANNED SUBSTANCES please click here for further information.
For information on becoming a jockey or for further information now that you are an apprentice please visit http://jockeysroom.racingnsw.com.au/JR_Apprentices.html
The Australian Racing & Equine Academy is a strategic partnership between Racing NSW and TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute.
Objectives of the Partnership are:
- Assist people entering the industry to find their most suitable career path
- To increase apprentice jockey and trackwork rider numbers
- To deliver training to industry participants
- Manage the Racing NSW Apprentice School
- Manage the Racing NSW Rising Star Apprentice Race Series
- Encourage greater participation of people in the racing industry
- Provide ongoing industry credible mentoring to apprentice jockeys, trackwork riders, strappers and stablehand trainees
- Ensure participants are informed about the National Racing Industry Training Package, which has been implemented in each state in Australia
- Provide equitable training throughout the country, provincial and metropolitan regions.
- Formulate a strategic approach to promote Racing NSW Apprentice School and industry career paths to school students
- Provide world class training and assessment services across a range of equine career areas